Bondi Beach - Starting point and head south
Distances and Times (approx.)
Ben Buckler to Waverley Cemetery: 4 km; allow 1.5 hrs
Ben Buckler to Bondi Beach: 0.5 km; allow 10 mins
Bondi Promenade: 1 km; allow 15 mins
Distances and Times
- The total length of the walk (Ben Buckler to Waverley Cemetery)
about 4 km; allow 1.5 hours walking time.
- Ben Buckler to Bondi Beach: about 0.5 km; allow 10 minutes.
- Bondi Promenade: 1 km; allow 15 minutes.
- South Bondi to North Bronte: about 1.5 km; allow 45 minutes.
- South Bronte to Waverley Cemetery: about 1 km; allow 20 minutes.
Although the parks along the way offer shade and shelter, the Walk itself is exposed to the elements. In summer, don’t forget your hat, sunscreen and some water.
The promenades, parks and beaches at Bondi and Bronte are fully accessible for wheelchairs and prams. A lookout in Calga Reserve (north of Waverley Cemetery) is also accessible from the Bronte Cutting. Please note several sections of the coastal walk contain stairs and steep hills. The stair locations are marked on the map.